Saturday 15 September 2012

Mt St Helens

I haven't always had a fascination with volcanos, it took a while to get there. Years of volcano talk in geography and science classes bored me and then in year 12 something resonated with me - most likely it was partly due to the best science teacher ever, Mr Watson, or Mr Watty as we all called him. I remember learning about Mt St Helen's at various times during school and I think the fact that it had erupted so "recently" really interested me.
Needless to say, I was very excited to go check out big Helen. We drove around and got some pretty good views of Helen from various sides and checked out the surrounding landscape, which looks like it is still trying to recover from the last eruption. I reckon where she blew her top off gives her some character :-)
Mt St Helens

No comments:

Post a Comment